This will make your game fly even on a toaster but it also make the game unstable.
This should be done ONLY on a SD client.
Make a backup of \World_of_Tanks\res\packages\ folder before attempting this.
You are using this on your own risk !!!
188.8.131.52 Texture Compression By Kir_Vik (6%, 12%, 25%, 50%)
OK, here we go:
(ALL THE PICTURES ARE FROM 9.9, THE PROCEDURE IS TOTALLY THE SAME FOR 184.108.40.206 I’M JUST TO LAZY TO MAKE NEW SCREENSHOTS)
1. Go to the end of this post and chose one of the download links. The smaller the number %, the greater is the compression (6% compression is around 16mb, 50% compression is around 650mb, you get the idea. Smaller texture size – bigger FPS)
2. When you press the download link, you will be transferred to MEGA (file sharing site), click on the download button:
The download will start.
3. Create a folder anywhere you want. We will use that folder to unpack the file that we are downloading. Unpack the files into that folder:
4. Depending on what you want do compress you can chose from:
Trees, grass etc (foliage)
Objects (house textures)
Ground (rocks, ground textures)
Tanks (tank textures)
Tank Tracks (yes, they too take some of the fps on toasters)
We will go for the “Install All Textures”:
This will open a Command Prompt window and the textures will unpack into the folder where you unpacked your downloaded files (wait for the Command Prompt window to close.):
Command Prompt window:
New folder with the actual textures:
5. Inside the new folder there is a whole bunch of files and folders. You need to copy ALL of them to “game location”\World_of_Tanks\res\packages\:
7. After you copy ALL files, double click on the file called “autoinstall_[9.x].bat” (this file must be in the “game location”\World_of_Tanks\res\packages\):
This will again open a Command Prompt window and start the actual texture installation.
Wait for the Command Prompt window to close.